Volunteer Application Form
40th Annual African World Festival
Friday-Sunday, July 14-16, 2023 / 11am-11pm daily
Hart Plaza, downtown Detroit riverfront
We value your interest to participate as a volunteer for the 39th African World Festival (AWF), presented by the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History, Friday-Sunday, July 15-17, 2022, at Hart Plaza. As one of Detroit's most-anticipated events, AWF provides three days of cultural arts, entertainment, delicious foods, innovations and installations reflecting the people and cultures of the African diaspora. The contribution of your time and service is greatly appreciated.
By applying to be a volunteer, you agree to the following terms of service:
- All volunteers are requested and encouraged to attend 1 mandatory orientation session. (Will be virtual: To be scheduled in July; Date TBD)
- Volunteers are asked to work a minimum 4-hour shift.
- Generally, there will be 3 volunteer shifts per day: 11am-3pm; 3pm-7pm; 7pm-11pm
- Volunteers may select to work a double shift.
- Volunteers are requested to call in any changes to the fulfillment of their agreed schedule.
- Volunteers may choose to wear a mask. Mask-wearing and other health and safety protocols will be updated to reflect current guidelines.
- Volunteer t-shirt
- Free admission to the festival on non-volunteer days
- Light refreshments
- Thank you gift
Parking is not available at this venue. A map of parking suggestions will be provided.
Please add your details below and we will contact you to schedule your participation.
*Please invite your friends, family or co-workers to apply -- we welcome those whose level of commitment and good customer service reflect your own.
Thank You for Your Support!