- E-Commerce Graphic Design Intern
Position Overview: The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History is a wonderful place for interns to explore interests in non-profits, graphic design, education, marketing and museums. Interns will work under the guidance and supervision of a CHW Museum professional on a specific project with measurable results.
The E-Commerce Graphic Design Intern will learn the basics of e-Commerce graphic design in a museum environment. Projects may involve working on graphic and web, updating database information, writing, editing items on the museum’s online store.
Tasks will include:
- Edit product images
- Use social media and emails to increase online store promotions
- Utilize Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Canva to update retail items
- Database maintenance
- Other projects as assigned
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills and able to create light copywriting.
- Must have a portfolio of past work available for review.
- Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Canva Pro: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week: 10-20 hours
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter, and (3) samples of work sent to HR@thewright.org. Please no phone calls.
- Guest Service Associate - Part and Full Time
Position Overview: Guest Services Associates are highly motivated individuals who provide exceptional customer service during regular Museum hours and at special events. Guest Services Associates transact at the Admission Desk and Museum Store. They actively promote programs and events; respond to email, in person, and phone inquiry; collect and report on visitor metrics; and support other administrative tasks. Candidates should be team players capable of working in a fast-paced professional environment. Qualified applicants will have previous customer service experience and an interest in African American History and Culture. The position requires attention to detail, punctuality, and availability on weekends and some evenings for events. As front-line ambassadors, the Guest Services Associate provides assistance across in-person, phone, and online channels.
- Provide superior customer service to Charles H. Wright Museum guests.
- Effectively communicate with both guests and Museum colleagues.
- Work closely with volunteers, museum educators, and fellow staff.
- Welcome and monitor school groups with Education Department.
- Handle and reconcile daily admissions, store, and event sales.
- Complete daily opening and closing activities.
- Customer service and/or hospitality experience
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and exercise good judgment
- Knowledge of POS software preferred
- Cash management skills required
- Stamina to be on feet, as well as lifting and bending
- Heavy lifting of up to 25 pounds or more
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter to HR@thewright.org. Please no phone calls.
Mission & Vision
Mission: to open minds and change lives through the exploration and celebration of African-American history and culture.
Vision: a world in which the adversities and achievements of African-American history inspire greater understanding, acceptance, and unity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Wright is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds, without regard to ethnicity, gender identity, age, or sexual orientation.