2022 Divine Nine Membership Drive
Complete Rules and Contest Information
From November 1st through December 31, 2022, The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History (The Wright) is hosting a competitive membership drive challenge for ALL Divine Nine or Black Greek Letter Organizations (BGLOs) to inspire their members to purchase or renew memberships with The Wright.
The Divine Nine organizations are defined as: Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, and Iota Phi Theta Fraternity.
About the Memberships
All memberships include one year (1) of free unlimited admission to The Wright, private member events, discounts and weekend passes to African World Festival.
Divine Nine memberships, equivalent to The Wright's Contributor Level, additionally include one (1) THIS IS MY MUSEUM t-Shirt in your fraternity or sorority colors, along with free unlimited admission into 1,200 partner children's museums, botanical gardens, and cultural institutions, and zoos across the world!
- Divine Nine Individual or Family membership ($100 or $125 for one year)
- Family membership ($65 for one year)
- Individual membership ($35 for one year)
- College Student membership ($25 for one year)
- Senior (62+) membership ($15 for one year)
During the competition period, the purchase, renewal, or gifting of select memberships will earn points for each Divine Nine organization. The Point values are assigned based on memberships generated and related Divine Nine merchandise sold online. The Point Values include:
- 4 Points: All Divine Nine memberships
- 2 Points: Family membership
- 2 Points: Individual membership
- 2 Points: College Student membership
- 2 Points: Senior (62+) membership
Those accumulated points are then weighted against the national organization’s overall membership and assigned a percentage. The organization with the highest percentage will win the competition and the chapter generating the most points for the winning organization will be awarded a complimentary rental of the Ford Freedom Rotunda at The Wright.
The local NPHCs in metro Detroit will assist as an independent body.
The winning Divine Nine organization will be awarded one (1) complimentary rental* of the Ford Freedom Rotunda under The Wright’s world-famous dome. The winner will be announced on Monday, January 16, 2023 – MLK Day 2023.
Must claim grand prize and book by February 28, 2023 4:59 pm Eastern Time, or subject to prize forfeiture. Reservations are valid from March 1, 2023 through July 31, 2023, pending availability. Mondays, Tuesdays, and federally-observed holidays are blacked out from booking. Other exclusions & restrictions may apply. See www.thewright.org for complete contest rules or contact (313) 494-5800 for the membership department.
* Complimentary rental includes up to four (4) hours of event time with an additional two (2) hours for pre-event set-up and one (1) hour for post-event and tear-down. Prize also includes a limited amount of available tables and chairs. The winning organization is responsible for a $500 refundable cleaning deposit. Additionally, the winning organization will be responsible for securing any additional event needs, which may include furniture, audio/visual technician(s), security, bartenders, cashiers, or any additional staffing needs, along with any overtime charges for events exceeding four (4) hours.