celebration of family, community and culture
The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History will present ceremonies celebrating all seven principles of Kwanzaa, starting Thursday, December 26th through Wednesday, January 1st.
In partnership with the African Liberation Day Committee, Malcolm X Grassroots Organization, and Nsoroma Institute all visitors are welcome to participate in a series of free activities honoring African Heritage and Identity.
Kwanzaa Celebration at The Wright Museum
Partners bringing events for the Nguzo Saba (the 7 principles of Kwanzaa) are as follows:
- December 26th - 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Umoja (Unity) African Liberation Day Committee
- December 27th - 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Kujichagulia (Self-Determination) Malcolm X Grassroots Association
- December 28th - 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Ujima (Collective Work & Responsibility) Nsoroma Institute
- December 29th - 2:00 PM - 5:00PM- Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics) Aisha Shule
- December 30th - 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Nia (Purpose) UNIA & ACL
- December 31st - 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM- Kuumba (Creativity) Nanou Diapo
- January 1st - 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Imani (Faith)
Visitors will enjoy seven days of tradition and FREE family fun as we feel the beat of the drums, experience the vivid colors and vibrations of African dance groups, revel in the messages of dynamic speakers and passionate artists, and support our various vendors!
For more information on this years Kwanzaa celebration email Yolanda Jack at email@example.com