Guest Services Associate
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
Reports to: Guest Services & SRO Manager
General Summary of Duties:
Under general direction of the Guest Services and SRO Manager, the Guest Services Associate is the face of the Museum to the public. The Associate greets and welcomes guests, tour groups, and all members of the public into the Museum environment. The associate provides general guidance, in addition to processing ticket sales and performing cashier duties.
Essential Duties of the Position:
• Greet and welcome guests, tour groups and members of the public entering the facility and provide a brief general orientation to the Museum
• Be responsible for ticket sales and effective handling of the cash drawer
• Have the ability to rotate to other roles, including acting as gallery monitor, retail sales assistant, and special events set ups, as needed
Additional Key Responsibilities:
• Process sales transactions; process ticket sales for exhibitions, public programs and special events
• Monitor and replenish stock of supplies; maintain and balance cash drawer
• Assist customers and visitors with their purchases and handle special purchase requests
• Provides general orientation for guests provides orientation in galleries and acts as gallery monitor
• Assist in opening and closing retail outlets, as needed, for special events
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Previous experience in a customer service position to include cash handling experience
• Good oral communication skills along with basic math aptitude
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift 10 lbs
• Museum / office environment
May require work on nights and weekends for special events
General Summary of Duties:
We are looking for a part time experienced Building Engineer to join our team. This position requires skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the installation, repair, maintenance and operation of mechanical, electrical, environment controls, and HVAC systems.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Responsible for the installation, maintenance, operation and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
• Ensures proper operation of systems in compliance with required regulations and codes.
• Tests, maintains and evaluates equipment by using instrumentation.
• Inspects and repairs pumps, fans, valves and motors ensuring proper operation of the facility equipment and systems.
• Performs all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work standards.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards of business ethics and conduct.
• Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
• Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
A minimum of five years of commercial building maintenance experience required. HVAC certification is preferred. Candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills, and must be able to be on call and work any shift including weekends.